Muskoka Real Estate Matters – By Maggie Tomlinson
This year we are celebrating the arrival of the Victoria Day long weekend during unprecedented times and under a provincial stay-at-home order. Consequently, buying an selling real estate is certainly not ‘business as usual’. For over a year now we have been conducting business as virtually as possible – from initial client meetings, to the listing and marketing of homes and cottages, to facilitating offers and closings – safely assisting buyers and sellers who still need to transact in Muskoka.
Your health and well being are my first priority! – so here are some helpful tips that I’m currently utilizing:
1) Be Virtual First – Embrace technology with tools like Zoom for face-to-face meetings and DocuSign for electronic signing of listing and offer documents. For sellers – photos are no longer enough – your Realtor’s marketing plan will need to include video and 360 degree viewing from floor plans, such as the 3D iGuide technology allows. And a global reach (like Christie’s International) is another great way to provide exposure.
2) In Person Viewings Last – Buyers should first review all photos and video tours of the property from the comfort of their own homes. Property visits may then be a necessary next step so that buyers are able to obtain the information they need to make an offer. For the safety and protection of all parties, Covid-19 questionnaires will be required and specific protocols must be followed.
3) Wear PPE – Buyers and agents attending any properties should take all precautions by wearing a mask and gloves, and proper social distancing measures should be adhered to at all times.
4) Limitations – Showings should be limited to only the buyers and not include additional family members, friends or children unless there are exceptional circumstances. All interior doors should be open and all lights turned on prior to showings, as all parties are required to limit touching as much as possible.
5) Sanitize & Re-Sanitize – Prior to entering the home or cottage, all parties should practice safe hygiene by disinfecting their hands/gloves. Hand sanitizers will be provided in the home whenever possible. Surfaces should be re-sanitized following any in person showing activity.
Call me today to discuss current market conditions, and whether the time is right for you to sell or buy. I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
Until next time – stay safe & stay healthy – and remember that my Virtual Door is always open!