Muskoka Real Estate Matters – By Maggie Tomlinson
This year we are celebrating the start of summer during unfamiliar times, but we are still safely assisting buyers and sellers who are needing to transact here in Muskoka.
It’s no surprise that the Muskoka cottage market continues to experience inventory shortages this year, particularly in the introductory and mid-level price points. As a result, many buyers have expanded their cottage search parameters to include water access lots and island retreats.
One of my many skills as a professional realtor is to recognize emerging trends and to help my clients capitalize on the opportunities that these trends may provide. This past year I have definitely seen a shift towards buyers seeking out “off-water” and “adjacent-to-water” properties as urban cottage alternatives and pre-retirement Muskoka havens.
Benefits can include:
- Municipal water & sewer (vs private water & septic systems)
- Much lower property taxes than waterfront properties
- Larger and more modern year round buildings (vs smaller seasonal structures)
- Convenience of marinas, public docks & boat launches located nearby
- Being only steps away from access for swimming, canoeing, kayaks/SUPs
- Ability to walk to town amenities (farmer’s market, shopping, dining, LCBO, grocery store …)
Call me today to arrange for private viewings, or to discuss current market conditions. I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
Until next time – stay safe & stay healthy!